Husqvarna Sewing Machine
SewMasters’ Beginners Guide To Sewing Machines
Getting into sewing is so exciting. There are so many possibilities for creativity and new projects that you’ll quickly find your Pinterest boards filling with inspiration and ideas. However, before you jump in, you’ll need a good-quality, reliable sewing machine. The SewMasters team understand that buying a sewing machine for the first time can be confusing and overwhelming. How are you supposed to tell whether a Husqvarna sewing machine is better or worse than a Juki sewing machine? Is an automatic needle threader worth it? And what does blind stitching mean? Don’t stress; SewMasters is here to help you find the perfect sewing machine to get you started.
Which Brand Of Sewing Machine Is Right For You?
With so many sewing machine brands on the market, it can be difficult to figure out which one to choose. At SewMasters, we stock several internationally renowned brands, and we regularly help people find their first sewing machine. Here are a few of our favourite brands;
- Brother sewing machine. Brother is one of the most popular sewing machine brands internationally. They’re reliable, affordable, and they manufacture great machine for beginners.
- Bernina sewing machine. Bernina is a Swiss brand renowned for precision machinery and fine craftsmanship. They come at a higher price point, but they are genuinely marvellous machines for those who want to use the only very best.
- Husqvarna sewing machine. These gorgeous Swedish machines are top-rated in Europe and are the most-sold brand in Denmark, Norway, and Sweden. Famous Scandinavian craftsmen and women use Husqvarna sewing machines.
- Singer sewing machine. When you think of old fashioned sewing machines, it’s likely a foot-pedalled Singer that comes to mind. They were America’s favourite machines for generations, and they still manufacture high-quality, affordable machines today.
- Elna sewing machine. Elna machines are renowned for their compact size and portability. They’re very affordable machines, but they don’t compromise on quality.
How To Maintain Your Sewing Machine
No matter which brand of sewing machine you end up selecting, you’ll have to take care of it to keep it in working condition. Here are a few tips for maintaining your machine.
- Keep it covered. When you’re not using your machine, make sure you store it in a dust cover or under a hard case. Dust will cause your machine to slow, and it will affect the quality of your work. To avoid interior lint build-up, only use new, high-quality thread, unplug your machine regularly, and dust inside the bobbin case often.
- Remember to change your needles. Every time you complete a project, change the needle to avoid sewing with a blunt needle. Dull needles lead to looped threads, skipped stitches, and pulls fabric, which will affect the quality of your project.
- Service your machine annually. Whether you have a Brother sewing machine or a Husqvarna sewing machine, you need to have it serviced every year. SewMasters offer comprehensive repairs and servicing, and we’re qualified to service several popular international brands. We have over 20 years of experience in sewing machine servicing and repairs, so you can rest assured that your machine is in the very best of hands
- Wipe down your machine after use. If you give your sewing machine a quick wipe down when you’ve finished using it for the day, you’ll be able to prevent dust build-up, lint build-up, and stray threads that may damage the machine.
Everything You Need To Start Your First Sewing Project
If you can check off all the items on this list, you have everything you need to start your first sewing project.
- A sewing machine
- Spare sewing machine needles
- Fabric scissors
- Embroidery scissors
- Hand sewing needles
- Fabric marking pens or pencils
- Bias tape
- Measuring tape
- Pins (and plenty of them!)
- A seam ripper
- Spare bobbins
- An iron and ironing board
If You’re Looking For A Sewing Machine, Head Straight To SewMasters
When it comes to sewing machines, no one knows them better than the team at SewMasters. Whether you’re sewing commercially or you do it as a hobby, we’re here to help our customers achieve better results from their work and achieve their sewing goals through the right machines and accessories. SewMasters are proud to stock some of the world’s leading brands in overlockers, baby lockers, embroidery machines, and sewing machines, all of which are renowned for their reliability, quality, and durability. Whether you’re buying a new machine or you’re looking for a repairperson you can trust, SewMasters are here to help. Check out our range of sewing machines online today!