A NEW creation has just been launched from the creator of The Pattern Drafter!
The Children’s Pattern Drafter
Pattern Drafting has never been easier!
Now you can create your own clothing patterns for your Children too.
The Children’s Pattern Drafter ruler is used to make block patterns for a dress, skirt, sleeve, pants and collar, from small petite little babies to plus size children.
No previous experience in pattern making is needed!
Whether you want to design your own clothes or create and sell your own label, this easy to use Pattern Drafting ruler, with a step-by-step instruction book, features many popular designs and pattern variations.
This is truly a fast and easy way of making your own patterns, that fit you! The Pattern Drafter – puts you in charge of the perfect fit.
The Children’s Pattern Drafter Designer Kit Contains:
Pattern Drafting Ruler & Step-by-step Instruction Book
Import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the product price. You may check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be.
No returns accepted on this product unless faulty.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
DRESS BLOCK PATTERN FRONT
This Pattern is for all children’s dresses including evening, flower girl gowns, tops, shirts, jackets, t-shirts and skirts. You will need a sheet of paper the length of the dress plus 10cm.
- Roll out the paper lengthwise on a flat work surface.
- Place The Children’s Pattern Drafter with the Front side facing up on the top left-hand corner of the paper. Leave approximately 5mm gap from the top and left edge for marking.
Draw a line along the top and left-hand side of The Children’s Pattern Drafter to form a right angle. Without moving The Children’s Pattern Drafter mark in the back waist length at A eg 20cm. bust size at B and C eg 56cm. Mark in the neckline at the two points indicated. See FIGURE 8 below.
- Lower The Children’s Pattern Drafter until it reaches the bust line marked at B. Draw a horizontal line and mark the Bust Size at D. eg 56cm. Draw a line from C to the top of the neckline, using the 30cm ruler. See FIGURE 9 below.
- Rotate The Children’s Pattern Drafter 180 degrees and line up neck curve with bottom neckline B See FIGURE 10 below.
BLOCK PATTERN COLLAR
- Measure the front and back neckline on the Block Dress Pattern, eg 15cm (remember this is only half of the pattern).
- Draw a rectangle measuring 15cm in length and 6cm in height.
- Extend the top right-hand side of the rectangle horizontally by 2cm and draw a line down to meet the bottom right-hand corner of the rectangle. This forms the peak of the collar.
- Raise the bottom left-hand side of the rectangle by 2cm. Draw a line down in a curve to the bottom right-hand side of the rectangle. See FIGURE 69 below
This Collar can be made for shirts, blouses, jackets and coats. The height of the collar can be anything you desire and the shape of the peak can also be made larger or smaller, round, square or pointed.
The Children’s Pattern Drafter is 100% Australian designed, made and owned
This product is proudly 100% Australian made and is a standard of some of the best products in the world, and by buying this product, you’re not only supporting local jobs and our economy, but also getting the highest quality guaranteed.
Australian products have been manufactured locally to meet our high Australian standards. we are happy to help with any questions you may have. We are just an email away.
This means you can have confidence in the quality of is this product and know that it hasn’t travelled around the world before it reaches your home.
About Maria – The creator of The Pattern Drafter
Maria Boncaldo the developer of The Pattern Drafter started sewing at the age of 10 when her sister’s hand-me-down clothes needed re-styling to fit her.
Sewing on the Singer treadle machine that her mother brought out with them from Italy, Maria soon found sewing a pleasure rather than a chore. Therein began her love affair with sewing and her quest for perfection in garment making.
Maria is a qualified dressmaker; pattern drafter and designer, tertiary teacher and private tutor. Maria has experience in clothing production and is an accredited wardrobe analyst.
In operating her own business and in teaching, Maria found that she was not satisfied with the tools available for patter drafting.
To solve this problem, Maria created a simple and quick Pattern Drafting system with easy to follow step-by-step instructions to take the mystery out of Pattern Drafting.
Maria’s motto is “keep it simple”, and she has achieved that aim with The Pattern Drafter.
You’ll enjoy using The Pattern Drafter. It has been developed to simplify design and make the experience enjoyable and rewarding.